I’ve established this blog to supplement my web site Defusing the Nuclear Threat. I hope you’ll add it to your RSS feeds and encourage friends to do the same.
Without greater public support for changes in our approach to nuclear weapons, we can expect more of the same … until there’s a catastrophe. Let’s avoid that by creating a public that is better informed about the realities of the nuclear age. Some of the points this blog will cover:
- why common sense is all you need to understand the need for change;
- why relying on nuclear weapons is as risky as living in a town surrounded by thousands of nuclear power plants;
- why the seemingly impossible changes needed to eliminate the nuclear threat can, in fact, happen;
- why your participation is key;
- why NATO’s “nuclear umbrella” suddenly can mutate into a nuclear death trap; and
- why our limited view of Russia and other nations is leading to disaster, and evidence to see the picture more clearly.
Thanks very much.
Professor Emeritus of Electrical Engineering